I have been trying out the Office 2010 beta. I like it but it’s not so different from Office 2007 that I’d consider forking out for an upgrade.
So, instead I’m honing my 2007 skills as it looks like I’m going to need them for a while longer…
Although it is not possible to save all open documents in Word 2007 the ‘old way’ (ie by pressing Shift and selecting ‘Save all’ from the menu bar), you can add that command to the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Click the Office button (top left)
- Click ‘Word Options’ bottom right
- Click Customize (about 6th option down in the left hand panel)
- Click the small arrow next to the’ Choose Commands From’ box (it will probably be on its default of ‘Popular Commands’) and choose ‘Commands Not In Ribbon’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Save All’
- Click the Add button (in between the two main boxes, in the middle of the window)
- Click the up arrow (far right) if you want to change the position of the command on the Quick Access Toolbar
- Click OK.
And you’re done. Now just click the icon to Save All open documents.